Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moving on to basic site

Well, I've been so lucky to be able to talk to Cody every night since he left. He found another guy that had an iPhone and has been able to borrow his charger. His days have been busy with the reception period. During this time, they have been oriented to Army life, gotten uniforms, and rounds of shots. I did get informed that Cody almost got the Bicillin shot, in which he is highly allergic! He kept telling them that he couldn't take it and they weren't listening to him. Just as they were getting ready to give it, something stopped them and they looked at his records. There in bold print was ALLERGIES: PENICILLIN. They told him, "Boy, I'm glad I double checked that! You would have been in trouble!" Duh...
Last night, they were packing up for the move to the basic training site. Wake up was at 3:30 this morning and he didn't really know when the next call would be made. I'm trying to prepare for the 3 week no contact period. It seems like a long time, but I know that it will be over before I know it.
I don't really have a lot of updates at this time but, I do want to thank all my friends and family as well as Cody's friends for their prayers and comments. These truly help! Also, keep Hunter Brown in your prayers as he is preparing to leave for his ANG training period next week and Clint Brown will be leaving in April for the Marines. I am so proud of all these young men! They are true leaders in every way. I know they will be true American heroes! They will always hold a special place in my heart...
I will update as soon as I know anymore from OK....Thanks for being a follower!

No comments:

Post a Comment