Thursday, March 12, 2009

My First Meltdown

I guess I've just experienced my first meltdown since Cody left. I've been getting texts from him every night until Sunday. We talked for quite a while on that day and even sent me pictures of him with his gun...guess you know that since I blogged about it already. Well, Mallary, Shelby, and I got letters from him and we all wrote 2 -3 page letters each back to him. I have gotten a letter and sent one back every day since. But, today there was no letter. When I opened up that post office box, there was just empty space. I guess I had gotten accustomed to reading about his day. One of the letters he sent said that he felt like I was face to face when he was writing about his day. That is was comforting to be able to tell me what happened. I've just had this 'gut feeling' that today hasn't been a good one for him. It's just a 'Mama-thing' I guess. I decided to go to the Jr Sr Play tonight and something made me go in Cody's truck. Well, the smell got to me...not that it stunk. haha. But, you know that 'Cody cologne' smell that you just associate with only him...that is what I mean. I just drove and let the tears flow. I haven't done this since he left and thought I would get through it without it. NOT. But, after a long talk with God and accepting that Cody is in His hands and is following the plan that is only his, I am better now.
Well, Tuesday night, I baked 3 pound cakes to send to Cody and his platoon. Boy was that a long night! I packed them up and set out for the post office thinking that I would overnight them and they would get them on Thursday. When I was told 'That will be $57', I bout stroked!! Then, I was told that it would not get there till Friday because Shuqualak did not have an overnight pickup. Priority mail would arrive on Friday also so, it went priority! Hopefully they got there before they started rotting. Wouldn't that make a good impression!! haha
Keep Cody in your prayers as well as Hunter Brown. Hunter didn't get to ship out on his date Monday but, I heard from him today that he was supposed to ship out on Friday. Hopefully, he won't be delayed any longer. I know that he is anxious to get this part over with. Oh, also keep Karen and Bud in your prayers cause they truly have a life changing event here with both sons going into the military. All three guys are great examples for our younger generation. I'm so proud of all of them!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl I'm impressed if this if your first meltdown. You needed, you deserve, have as many as you want. I'll even have one with you if you need. Stay strong and I know you will.
    Jayi

    ReplyDelete