Sunday, March 8, 2009

M16 and Bulletproof vest

We went to Tennessee this weekend to visit Tommy's family and Cody laughs saying that we wait until he leaves to start taking trips!! It was a good trip and we came home thankful for so many things. We got to spend the day with our 'great' niece (boy that sounds like we're old) and that was super! Also saw pictures of the second 'great' nephew. Justin (who is 4 months older than Cody) just had a little boy (9lb 2 oz). This makes me thankful for my children waiting...enough said!! Now Kara (mom to niece Avery) waited and is a great mom!! Love ya Kara! But, like I said I am so thankful for my level-headed bunch. Now, I still have one more to get out of high school so, I could be putting my foot in my mouth. Hope not!! haha
On the way home, I got my call from Cody. He sounds so upbeat and kinda like he's having fun! You know him. He said that so far basic hasn't been too bad for him. They have to do lots of push ups because of this one guy who won't act right. I do believe that he will be getting a little adjustment and soon. Cody was really upbeat about getting his M16A2 and bulletproof vest. He has always loved messing around with guns and ammunition. His Papaw has been instrumental in this obsession. He's been showing him guns and knives since he came into this world so, this is just a little more high tech play for him. He also said that Fort Sill was doing something new now and letting them keep their cell phones to use on Sunday call days. He's gotten some texts out and even posted a picture or two on facebook. This has really helped me with the empty nesting. They can also recieve 'cakes and pies'! NO CANDY!! He asked for brownies to be sent...enough for 60 people!! haha ..Think this will be some major baking!! But, you know me...anything Cody wants...Cody gets. Or so my girls say.
Thanks again for all the prayers and encouraging words. We have truly felt each of them and know that they are the reason this period has gone so smooth so far. I am so proud of Cody and my Brown boys for the choices that they have made. I know they will make America proud!

4 comments:

  1. Kristie, Thanks for starting this so that we can all keep up with Cody's progress.
    Thanks too for mentioning 'the Brown Boys'. We had Hunters lunch today, Sunday, and will be taking him to S'vegas tomorrow.
    Cody, if you are reading this, We are all praying for you and wish you the best.
    Can they have cookies? If so let me know and I'll take a week.
    Much love to you all .
    Karen and Coach Bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. He can get cookies but, he said it would have to be for 60 people. Wow! That's a lot of baking! Talked to Connie Kennedy and Mark is in North Carolina and they took up their phones and only let them call every 2 weeks on Sunday. They only get a few minutes and they cannot receive food of any type. I guess each of them are different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have now found out that they are not supposed to have any baked goods or packages at all. I haven't heard what happened with the cakes that I sent but, I'll let you know as soon as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristie!I agree with waiting to have babies. I cant imagine doing this when I was younger!! Avery is such a blessing to me and I truly enjoy every moment with her but it is so life changing that I am thankful that my life worked out that I would be an older first time mommy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete