Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sore throat and fever

Tommy and I were on our way to Meridian today and I got my weekly phone call. The cell phones have been taken up during the week and are given back on Sunday afternoon. So, now I feel better knowing what the routine will be. He got the charger last Monday and didn't get in trouble for that package. I asked about the cakes and he laughed saying that the drill sargent just shook his head when he opened the box full of bundt cakes. He said that he had seen it all now. He had seen a lot of stuff sent but never a box full of bundt cakes!! haha But, they still haven't eaten them...was supposed to get them tonight but, haven't yet. They will probably be ruined by the time they think about them again. So, needless to say, I won't be sending anymore food.
Cody said that basic has not been as bad as he was expecting. They are being a little easier on them now as apparently there were a couple suicides last January. They are being a little more humane and trying to prevent any further tragedies. I can't imagine it being that bad but, you never know what may be in some of those heads. Cody's group passed the obstacle training last week and will go on to IV administration this week. They will have to start IV's on each other before the week is out. I told him that he should do good and that even Mallary had started her first one this week...first try!! Woo hoo! I'm a proud Mom.
He's a little under the weather right now. He's been waking up with a sore throat and running fever but, if you know Cody, he won't do anything about it. He doesn't want to miss anything or get behind. This is the same guy that played football with bronchitis, fever, and below freezing temps!! He's always been a fighter and gives 110% in all he does. I just wish that I could get some medicine to him but, it's not permitted. He could go to sick bay but doesn't want to miss a day and possibly get behind. Hopefully, this is an indicator of the type worker he will be in the future.
He has gotten a lot of letters and appreciates all of them. He actually said that that is where he stands out. He gets letters every day. I know it has really helped knowing how much everybody cares and thanks for all that has been sent and will be sent in the future.
Well, gotta go for now and will update soon

No comments:

Post a Comment