Monday, March 23, 2009

A different perspective

You know, in my blog yesterday, I made the comment about trying to protect your children and now mine being in the company of a gang member. It took a very dear friend to turn my opinion around and I don't know if she realizes what her words meant to me. Thanks so much Joy!
You see, I was concerned about Cody being in contact with known gang members and the realization was that this is God's plan. Washington State may be actually need Cody in order to truly turn his life around. I talked to Washington State yesterday and really wish I had told him that I pray for him every day as well. That is where I've failed. But, I have been praying for him because he's the only one that Cody has truly talked about when he calls. Washington has been a friend to Cody in that when Cody was sick, he had medicine prescribed (a coincidence) for himself, that he shared. I know, you're not supposed to share prescription drugs. But, it was Ibuprofen and Mucinex. Exactly what Cody needed. Washington had gone to the ER the weekend before to have a cyst removed and was given this medicine because he had the 'start' of a cold. It never progressed to the point that he truly needed it. So, there you go... Cody needed it.
In the message that I got from this dear friend, she told me that maybe Washington State needed Cody. That Cody may be the only example of God that he has ever known. I now pray that Washington State gets to remain in the ANG in order to truly see the person Cody is and that Cody is able to be the example that he needs. I challenge all of you to pray for this young man. I don't know is real name and it really doesn't matter. I do hope to get an update Sunday and hope to be able to tell him that I am praying for him also. Just to let him know that someone else out there cares for him even though they don't know him personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment