Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2 more weeks...Hooah!!

Today marks the 2 weeks left mark! I'm so pumped about making the trip to Oklahoma. I've reserved the hotel, reserved the rental car (since mine has died), and just sitting back waiting to see my soldier. We're hoping Mallary and Shelby both get to go with us. All three kids seem to really want to see each other and miss each other. Ten years ago, I never would have thought this would happen. I truly thought they hated each other the way they fought. Go figure...they have grown up.Since Mallary and Shelby have not been apart, they still act like they can't stand each other. The ride will be interesting since they are rarely ever in the same room together without major cutdowns going on. But, I'm planning on stocking up on benadryl for Mallary and knocking her out the entire trip!! Between that and her downing Pepto Bismal, she should be rather quite. I hope!! So, please pray that we can avoid a fighting match being cooped up in a vehicle for such a long time.
Cody called on Sunday and didn't really have much to say. He talked about his week and the training that was done. He really loved the machine guns! Man I'm sure he had a ball!! You know how these guys from the South love their guns. He has teamed with another soldier and they are doing extra physical activity just to get a leg up. They are doing the required PE for Airborne school whereas when you leave or come in the bay, you have to do 25 pushups. They are doing 25 pushups when they leave and 25 situps when they come in. So now, he can bust out 50 situps without breaking a sweat. I've been sending cough drops and candy and he actually sold some of the fun size butterfingers making $25 off a small bag! What an businessman!! He asked me to send a 'bunch of junk' last week. I packed a box with soft drinks, chips, chips ahoy, oreos, snickers, m & m's, butterfingers, etc. for him to share with the platoon. Several of them have been getting 'care packages' and share with each other so, the drill sargents are letting them have the stuff. I guess the low stress cycle has it's advantages.
When we go out for graduation, we will have one day for family day and the next day will be graduation. Cody will then leave about 2 hours after on a bus to San Antonio (for 4 months...I try not to think about that though). I am now worrying about him going down there because of the Swine Flu. Guess mama's have to have something to worry about!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Mallary and Shelby still fight like that! LOL!!! Im sure the trip will go great! I am blogging again too..check it out, I put up a video of Avery.. good stuff that will haunt her for ever! Much love to you! ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Times up already!? I hope Hunters goes as fast. We will go see him on Memorial Day w/e. Clint leaves Mother's Day. When I have an address I will send to you. HB said he got a letter from Cody. Said he seems well. Keep us posted, and plenty of pix from gradation!

    ReplyDelete