Monday, February 23, 2009

He's on his way

So, we left for Starkville this morning. He has an account at BankFirst where he has a debit card that he has to take with him. A couple weeks ago, we got a notice that there was an issue that warranted sending a new card. The new card came in and after he opened the envelope, he placed the card in his wallet (along with his old card and his dad's card). When he got to the bank to change his PIN, the card was gone. This was a week ago Wednesday. So, he got them to cancel the new card and reorder one with a rush on it... As of last Wednesday, the new card has still not come in...we called and checked Thursday and Friday. It finally came Saturday...whew! Long story short...we had to go by the bank to change the PIN since the following mail with the PIN had not arrived and boy did I loose it!! Ms Ethel Kinard came over and asked Cody when he was leaving. He told her that he was on his way now. I started the waterfalls and could not stop! Thank you Carol Reynolds...I needed your words of encouragement! Shelby was there patting me on the arm (probably embarrassed that her mom was acting a nut). I finally composed myself and boo hooed all the way to Starkville! Bless you Cody for putting up with your crybaby mom!
Once we got the the Army drop off site, we went inside and Cody knocked on the door. They let him in (sorta like they used to do at Mac's Supper Club). All I heard was "Boykin you're 14 minutes....". That scared me! I thought "oh no...now he's in trouble because I got the time wrong". They then opened the door and let us in and told me that he was actually 14 minutes early. Again whew! The guy and his family in front of us was getting all the info about basic and what to expect. They told this mother that her son would be going to basic, then AIT, then directly to Iraq...that made my heart flip. This mother did not know her son would be going! I thought "Oh NO!! Somebody just lied to us!" But, this guy did not sign up for College First. Another whew!!
Sargent Winters calmed a lot of my fears and seeing the interaction between Cody and the upperclassmen (whatever they are called) made me proud. They all told me that he and Hunter Brown were their favorites!!! Go guys! They were two of the best that they had had enlisted in a while. This came from several guys at different times throughout the day. All fears went away and I truly felt God's presence in this place! WOW!! I felt like I had just gotten a big ole hug and was wrapped in His love. I realize that there is a reason for this and Cody is being sent for something or someone. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him.
Thank you Hunter H and Taryn for coming and seeing him off. That truly kept my tears at bay. Just knowing the support he has from friends and family is awesome. He was constantly on the phone with people texting and calling wishing him well. He and I both had facebook posts as well as texts saying the same thing. I do appreciate all the care and concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment