Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Reality Check...

Well, I headed to bed early tonight and as always, I get a call from Cody. I know not to try and go early. We chatted for a while and then he tells me that Hunter B got his call today. He is being deployed to Camp Shelby and then on to Iraq. BAM! A ton of bricks hit me hard! I know that this is what they are training for but, I just thought that it would be a little while before they would have to go. And as Cody explained, this is what they have been trained to do and they look out for each other. They are a family unit and will do everything to help each other out. That is good to know but, these are still our children and it is so hard to let them go. They are truly men and will be out protecting OUR FREEDOM. They are truly brave men and will do our United States proud.
Hunter, I know you probably do not read my blog but, I wish you the very best and pray for God's hedge of protection to be around you at all times. You go out there and do the best you can and I know that will be great because you have always given your all. You have made your family and friends so proud of all you have accomplished. This time will seem like eternity but, we will be welcoming you back here with great pride in saying that we were there when he was making us proud on the ballfields too!!! I love you and wish you godspeed. You will be hearing from me while you're gone...you can count on it!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My first cousin has been in Iraq since last fall and he tells us (at least where he is) that it is much safer than we would think. Good luck to all the boys; they are in our prayers (and their families too - everyone is making large sacrafices - a huge thank you).

    ReplyDelete