Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Counting Down

It's been a while since I've written any thoughts. It's been easier knowing that all I have to do is call Cody whenever I want to hear his voice. If I don't get him right away, I know that he will call me as soon as he can. Tonight marks 23 days until he gets released. We get to see him in 22 days. They are supposed to be having a family dinner the night before graduation and then on Friday Sept 4 he will graduate at 9am. They will not release the soldiers until later on that afternoon. I am so excited about getting to spend some Mom & Dad time with him before he gets back to God's Country. I know that when he hits home, our time will be limited because of family and friends that have missed him just as much.
I have said so many times before that I am so proud of him, Clint, and Hunter. They are remarkable men and have made such a lasting impression on so many people. Although I am so thankful that Cody is 'supposed' to be doing the College First program, I'm a little disappointed that he and Hunter won't be serving active duty together. Oh, I do not want either of them to go but, I know that it is inevitable that they will serve. It was just easier knowing that they may be together.
I can't believe that it's been 6 months since I had my balling fit in BankFirst on that day I was taking him to leave. I've had a few teary times but, for the most part, it hasn't been as bad as I thought. I have realized that you have to let them go after a while and trying to hang on to them is really harder than letting them grow. I see friends that are raising small ones and even having babies. I miss those times but,also, I'm so glad that I'm out of that period. I've done my time (don't mean for it to sound like prison) and am looking forward to the time (far away) of helping raise my children's children. That better be a while off though. Don't know if I'm really ready to let go THAT much!
Oh well, so much for rambling. On Sunday, Cody will be starting a 10 day 'experience' where they go to the FOB (don't really know the name of this place) for a 'battlefield' simulation. They will get very little rest or sleep during this phase. This is where they will put everything they have learned to test. Please say some prayers for this time to go quickly and without a hitch. I won't be hearing from him until this part is over so, I know I'll be a little antsy during this time.

Love ya so much Cody and I'm so proud of all you have done. Same goes to you Hunter and Clint. Ya'll are all amazing men!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment